Thaminda Perera Sales Representative
Each office independently owned & operated
REALTOR® and MLS® are Trademarks owned or controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association. Used under licence.
Keller Williams Solid Rock Realty Inc., 1 Antares Drive, Suite 110, Ottawa, ON, K2E 8C4
Buy - Sell - Invest - Ottawa
Receive an Offer
When you receive a written offer from a potential buyer, your real estate agent will first find out whether or not the individual is prequalified or preapproved to buy your home. If so, then you and your agent will review the proposed contract, taking care to understand what is required of both parties to execute the transaction.
The contract, though not limited to this list, should include the following:
1. Legal description of the property.
2. Offer price.
3. Down payment.
4. Financing arrangements.
5. List of fees and who will pay them.
6. Deposit amount.
7. Inspection rights and possible repair allowances.
8. Appliances and furnishings that will stay with the home.
9. Closing, adjustment and possession dates.
At this point, you have three options:
1. Accept the contract as is.
2. Accept it with changes (a counteroffer)
3. Or reject it.
Remember: Once both parties have signed a written offer, the document becomes legally binding. If you have any questions or concerns, be certain to address them with your real estate agent right away.