Thaminda Perera Sales Representative
Each office independently owned & operated
REALTOR® and MLS® are Trademarks owned or controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association. Used under licence.
Keller Williams Solid Rock Realty Inc., 1 Antares Drive, Suite 110, Ottawa, ON, K2E 8C4
Buy - Sell - Invest - Ottawa
Perform due diligence.
Unlike most major purchases, once you buy a home, you cannot return it if something breaks or doesn't quite work like it's supposed to. That's why home owner's insurance and property inspections are so important.
A home owner's insurance policy will protect you:
1. Against loss or damage to the property itself.
2. Liability in case somone sustains an injury while on your property.
The property inspection show expose the secret issues a home might hide so you know exactly what you are getting into before you sign your closing papers.
1. Your major concern is structrual damages.
2. Don't sweat the small stuff. Things that are easily fixed can be overlooked.
3. If you have a big problem show up in your inspection report, you should bring in a specialist. If the worst-case scenario turns out to be true, you might want to walk away from the purchase.